Restaurant style dalfry & naan.
You can have Restaurant style dalfry & naan using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Restaurant style dalfry & naan
- It’s of Naan.
- You need of Maida(flour) – 400 grams (2 cup) + 100 grams dry Maida.
- Prepare of Fresh curd – 50 grams (1/4 cupकप).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sugar -.
- You need of Salt – 2/3 tsp or add to taste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Oil -.
- It’s of Ghee/butter to make Naan.
- It’s of For Dalfry.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of toor dal.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee / clarified butter.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard / rai.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera / cumin.
- Prepare 1 of dried red chilli, broken.
- It’s leaves of few curry.
- It’s pinch of hing / asafoetida.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli, slit.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric / haldi.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 of tomato, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves.
Restaurant style dalfry & naan step by step
- For naanFilter Maida in any utensil and keep aside. Make a little crater in the middle of the Maida with your hands. Now put curd, baking soda, salt, sugar and oil in the crater and mix these properly with Maida using your hands. Put little amounts of water at a time in the mixture and knead Maida. You can feel yourself when the kneaded dough turns very soft and smooth. Cover the dough and keep it aside in a warm place for 2 hours allowing it to ferment..
- Make 10 equal sized balls of the dough. Take one ball of Maida, apply dry flour and roll into a round circle(5 to 6 inches in diameter). Spread butter/Ghee on it evenly. Fold the rolled Naan into half(forming a semi circle), then again apply butter /Ghee on this folded section. Now double this fold as it takes the shape of a triangle then apply dry flour to it. Then prepare by rolling it like a parantha on all 3 sides(thinly) and make them ready. Place this rolled Naan in the Tandoor to cook..
- After one side turns brown flip the Naan over to the other side. Butter Naan is ready. Take out Butter Naan on a plate and apply Ghee on it, Cut into 2 halves using a Naan cutter. Prepare all Naans in this same manner.
- For dal fry firstly in a pressure cook ¾ cup toor dal and 3 cup water for 5 whistles. now in another kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and splutter 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp jeera, 1 dried red chilli, few curry leaves and pinch of hing. add in 1 onion followed by 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 green chilli. saute well. further add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp coriander powder. saute on low flame. additionally add 1 tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy..
- Add the cooked dal along with 1 tsp salt. mix well. simmer for 5 minutes or till dal turns smooth and absorbs flavour. now add ¼ tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp coriander and 1 tsp crushed kasuri methi. finally, serve dal fry with hot jeera rice or ghee rice..